The PMI Bangladesh Chapter Members can participate in mentoring in two ways - as a mentor or as a mentee.
As a Mentor
Initially mentors should be a PMI chapter member with PMP certification preferred. Consideration will be given to Project Managers that are PMI Chapter members on review by the Program Coordinator and/or the Chapter Board.
The benefits of being a Mentor are:
- Perpetuation of the project management culture
- Satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Enhanced potential for collaboration with other Project Managers
- Brainstorming possible solutions to problems
- Knowledge sharing
- Qualify for PDUs.
To participate in the Mentoring Program, preference will be given to PMI Bangladesh Chapter Members. Their information (and/or expectations registered in the application form) will be used to pair with a suitable Mentor.
The benefits of being a Mentee are:
- Gaining confidence in the use of Project Management
- Having someone to talk to openly about your Project Management challenges
- Brainstorming ideas to any problems / issues
- Obtaining an objective view on your Project Management style
The Mentoring Program is a:
- A learning and development environment
- An opportunity to guide a mentee towards their goals
- Mutual sharing of experiences for an agreed outcome
- Inspiring and supporting another person
The Mentoring Program is not:
- For members seeking guidance in passing their CAPM or PMP (the Chapter runs regular CAPM / PMP study group sessions)
- An opportunity to "fix" someone else’s behaviours or actions
- Directing someone to do something to meet goals
- Being the expert with all the answers
- About trying to address personal issues